Cerner Coaches Corner: A Note from your Health Coach
January 5, 2021
14:33 PM by Courtney Fitzgerald
It is so important, especially during a pandemic, that you are finding ways to stay on top of your mental and physical health. Our team is here to remind you to prioritize your time this holiday season, and practice some of the following activities and behaviors:
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water each day.
- Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep each night.
- Get at least 30 minutes of exercise on most days of the week.
- Engage in stress-relieving activities to maintain good mental health.
- Learn to say “no” if & when your plate is getting too full.
- Plan ahead to help you include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Wear your mask, wash your hands, and practice social distancing.
- Keep a gratitude journal to help you appreciate all that you have.
Research shows that practicing gratitude can actually have a variety of health benefits, such as improving your immune system, lowering your risk for mental health issues, improving your ability to cope with stress, and increasing your likelihood of engaging in healthy habits, such as eating well and exercising regularly.