March Health Blog: Fuel Your Body with Nutrients
April 13, 2021
15:08 PM by Courtney Fitzgerald
From fighting fatigue to boosting your immune system, it’s important to eat well in order to live well. Your body needs fuel to stay strong and healthy. Fueling your body with fresh, whole foods is one of the best health choices you can make. Keep the following healthy food suggestions in mind as you fuel your health:
- Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Choose whole grains over processed white bread.
- Swap unhealthy snacks with healthier options like nuts or dried fruits.
- Eat a variety of protein sources such as poultry, fish, beans, or tofu.
- Limit your added sugar intake by making fruit your dessert.
Now more than ever, it is necessary to make healthy food choices that improve your immune system and make your body stronger. People who consume well-balanced diets have a lower risk of chronic diseases and infections. Once you begin viewing food as fuel, it is easier to choose foods packed full of nutrients instead of other choices that can weigh you down.