The Brilliance of Resilience
January 21, 2021
09:43 AM by Courtney Fitzgerald
It can be hard to navigate life’s unmapped journey, and you will most likely experience twists and turns along the way. From everyday challenges to life crises, each turn can be life-altering and land you in uncharted territory. Just remember that each roadblock you experience along the way is a chance for you to learn how to adapt and become more resilient.
Resilience is the ability to harness your inner strength and rebound from setbacks. It gives you the strength to overcome stress or life challenges. Of course, resilience can’t make your problems disappear, but it can help you move forward. With practice, resilience can help you cope with stressful situations.
Getting back to work after the holidays is a great opportunity to start fresh and work on becoming more resilient during the workweek. Here are a few daily reminders that you can try throughout the workday:
- Make every day meaningful. Give yourself a purpose each day and acknowledge every accomplishment.
- Stay connected. Establish important connections and friendships with your coworkers.
- Be proactive. Don’t ignore your problems. Figure out how you can improve the situation, make a plan, and take action.
- Take care of yourself. Get plenty of sleep, eat a healthy diet, and participate in activities you enjoy.
- Remain hopeful. You can’t change the past, but you can always look toward the future.
- Accept change. Accepting and anticipating change makes it easier to adapt and face challenges with less anxiety.