About Your Benefits
State Employee Health Plan Vision Insurance is provided by Avēsis.
Avēsis is a leading managed vision insurance company. Providing outstanding customer service has been a top priority for more than 40 years, and our core values help us deliver innovative and valued benefit programs to our members. A strong provider network, a user-friendly website for member self-service, and mail order and LASIK benefits make this a plan you can keep. Don’t lose sight of all the good when you can see it with Avēsis.
In order to offer Avēsis eye care members the broadest most versatile provider network to meet their ocular health needs, national and regional retail chains are included in our provider network. Please note, that our agreements with these providers are limited to their “brick and mortar” locations and do not include any online or mobile app presence. Members with questions should log in to the Avēsis member portal to view their full provider network. When purchasing contact lenses online by mail order, benefits will be provided at non-network levels. To access the network level of benefits for contact lenses, you should purchase them directly through a network provider’s office.
Your Website: www.avesis.com
Here are just a few of the things you can do easily on the member portal:
- Print ID cards – though you never need to present your id to get benefits
- Submit claims and check status – faster, easier, and greener because it’s paperless
- View benefit summaries and eligibility – your full range of benefits at your fingertips
- Search for providers – by mile radius, provider name, city, state, gender, and more
- Order glasses online – shipped to your door, free
- Find LASIK providers – and schedule your surgery
Avēsis participates with many of the nation’s top retailers such as Walmart, Sam’s Club, Costco, in addition to the five LensCrafters locations within the State of Kansas. Materials are covered up to the plan allowances depending on the plan selection, with any overage being a member responsibility.
How to submit a claim for reimbursement when using a Non Network provider
When using a Non Network provider, you may submit receipts for reimbursement from Avēsis by printing and mailing the claim form here, or by logging into the Avēsis member portal and following the instructions below.
- Visit your Avēsis Member Portal
- Click “Members”
- Enter Username and Password
- If you have not previously signed up as a user, click “Sign Up” and follow the prompts
- Select the applicable family member that the claim is to be filed under
- Click “Member Direct Reimbursement Claim Form” tile
- Fill in required fields
- Click “Choose file” to select itemized receipt for upload
- Click “Upload”
- Click “Submit”
Save money on LASIK surgery from QualSight. Choosing a QualSight provider can save you up to 25 percent on the average costs and includes exams, post-op visits, and more. You can even use your FSA or HSA dollars!
Value Add Services
- In addition to all five LensCrafters locations in the State of Kansas, other top retail providers are in Network – Walmart, Costco, Sam’s Club, and Target
- Hearing aids are discounted through Amplifon
- LASIK is up to 25 percent off the average cost with Qualsight
- Contact lens fitting does not come out of allowance
- Avēsis Vision Delivered lets you shop for glasses at home
- Additional discounts available*
- Members have full plan year to use contact lens allowance
- Retinal Imaging is available for a member preferred price
- Up to 20% off remaining frame balance
- Up to 10% off remaining contact lens balance
*See plan certificate for details